What exactly is a wedding reception in the cocktail style?
- It’s time to call it quits on the traditional wedding reception with heavy served hors d’oeuvres and food stations that allow guests to eat when they wish. Please continue reading if you’re on the fence about whether or not to have a cocktail-style wedding reception as opposed to a plated meal or buffet.
- 1 What do you serve at a cocktail reception?
- 2 How do you set up a wedding cocktail style?
- 3 How many does a cocktail wedding reception seat?
- 4 How do you serve cocktails at a wedding?
- 5 What is the cocktail dress code?
- 6 How long is cocktail hour at a wedding?
- 7 Are cocktail weddings cheaper?
- 8 What do you serve at a wedding cocktail hour?
- 9 What time should cocktail hour start?
- 10 Can cocktail hour be 30 minutes?
- 11 Do you need music during cocktail hour?
- 12 Do I need a cocktail hour at my wedding?
- 13 How much food do you need for cocktail hour?
- 14 How do you keep guests entertained during cocktail hour?
What do you serve at a cocktail reception?
Food & Beverage Add a few stations to the mix, ranging from a cheese display to a raw bar with oysters, shrimp, and clams, to round out the passing bits. When it comes to alcohol, you may choose to either give a full bar or to serve champagne, wine, and a custom cocktail.
How do you set up a wedding cocktail style?
A Taste of the World’s Cuisines Add a few stations to the mix, ranging from a cheese display to a raw bar with oysters, shrimp, and clams, to round out the spread. The spirits can be provided as a full bar or as champagne, wine, and a specialty cocktail as part of your event package.
- Provide clear instructions to your guests and ensure that there is enough of seating available. Consider the logistics of your event.
- Prepare something for your visitors to do. Music may help to create the right atmosphere. Check to see that there is adequate food.
- Never presume that it is a more cost-effective alternative.
How many does a cocktail wedding reception seat?
We recommend that you provide seating for 50% of your guests if you are having a cocktail style wedding. Everyone will be looking for a place to sit at some time, and if there isn’t enough space, people will be scrambling. If you have more over 50% of the seats filled, it will appear that you miscounted and don’t have enough seats. To get the desired style and feel, it is essential to strike the right balance.
How do you serve cocktails at a wedding?
For cocktail hour, most establishments will open the bar, but they will close it around dinner time. After dinner, the bar will remain open until the conclusion of the reception. For example, a 4 hour service might begin with a cocktail hour from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. and continue until 7:00 p.m. During supper, the bar will be closed for an hour to accommodate customers.
What is the cocktail dress code?
What Is the Proper Cocktail Attire? Cocktail wear strikes a balance between being formal and informal, as well as being stylish and comfy. When attending an event with this dress code, such as a wedding, males often wear a suit and tie, and women typically wear a cocktail dress. “It is still appropriate to dress up for the event, but a full-length gown is not required.
How long is cocktail hour at a wedding?
What is the duration of cocktail hour? Typically, one hour is allotted, but it can be extended to 90 minutes if more time is required for photographs or to turn the reception room. If you’re planning on staying for a longer period of time, it’s a good idea to incorporate games or other activities to keep people entertained.
Are cocktail weddings cheaper?
Cocktail gatherings aren’t usually less expensive than seated events, and vice versa. Because your guests are likely to consume more alcohol than they would at a dinner reception, your alcohol prices may rise. Additionally, depending on the style of furniture and décor, prices may be comparable to those of a traditional sit-down reception.
What do you serve at a wedding cocktail hour?
Foods That Are Easy to Prepare and Are Perfect for Cocktail Hours
- Miniature Meatballs In order to be devoured in a single bite, a tiny meatball should be small and simple to bite into. Lettuce Cups. Satay.
- Deviled Eggs.
- Cocktail Shrimp. Pot Stickers.
- Pretzel Bites.
- Savory Shortbreads.
What time should cocktail hour start?
It is expected that dinner will be served immediately after you arrive at the reception site. For example, if your reception begins at 7:00 p.m., arrange for cocktail “hour” to extend until around 7:45 or 8:00 p.m., with your big entrance taking place a few minutes after the start of the reception. Dinner service would begin at 8:15 p.m., if not before.
Can cocktail hour be 30 minutes?
You might have a 30-minute cocktail hour before the ceremony to welcome your guests, followed by a typical 60-minute cocktail hour after the ceremony has concluded. You should consider hosting a pre-wedding cocktail hour if you need to accommodate shuttle bus timetables or guests who arrive early for the ceremony.
Do you need music during cocktail hour?
It is critical that appropriate music is played throughout your cocktail hour. It should set the tone for a pleasant evening and should serve to begin the process of customizing the music for your wedding reception soundtrack (to match your specific tastes). Idealistically, the music we play during cocktail hour will be a well-balanced blend of mid-tempo to energetic tracks.
Do I need a cocktail hour at my wedding?
Choosing the right music to play during your cocktail hour is crucial. It should set the tone for a pleasant evening and serve as the starting point for customizing the music for your reception (to match your specific tastes). Intended to be a decent blend of mid-tempo to cheerful tunes, the music we play during cocktail hour will be ideal.
How much food do you need for cocktail hour?
Fortunately, we have done the legwork for you and have developed the following best estimates, based on the type of event and the time frame: Cocktail hour is 30-60 minutes before dinner, therefore 2-4 pieces per person are recommended. 5-6 pieces each person, 1.5-2 hour event, before supper time, prior to dinner time. Heavy hors d’oeuvres, 8-10 pieces each person, 2-4 hour event, 8-10 pieces per person
How do you keep guests entertained during cocktail hour?
For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular game ideas you may employ to keep your guests entertained during cocktail hour.
- OUTDOOR PARTY GAMES FOR WEDDING Cocktail Hour. Table Tennis is a sport that is played on a table. Croquet or mini golf are two options. Jenga in the Garden is a giant game. In-door wedding cocktail hour games, including a bouncy castle Beer pong is a game played using a beer can. It’s the I Spy Wedding Game. Bingo for the wedding. Scavenger Hunt for Photographs.